Welcome!

Want to chat with fellow hockey fans? Seeking fantasy hockey advice or discussion? Feel free to sign up today.

Devastated by Quick Injury

Discussion in 'Injury Updates' started by Coachcasa, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Coachcasa

Coachcasa Minor Leaguer

I’m going to give Zatkoff another week and see how it goes. I prefer having one guy as the starter if he plays well versus having to pick up two guys and therefore having to drop a forward. To me losing a star goalie to injury is much worse than losing a star skater even if it was your number one pick. You can make up for the loss of the forward with depth, but it’s pretty hard to replace a top goalie.

2. Coachcasa

Coachcasa Minor Leaguer

I wouldn’t worry too much, as it’s only one week. It’s the way fantasy sports go! Just bad luck that you picked two studs and they both had issues. At least Price is back and ready to roll. I bet when the draft ended you and everyone else was looking at your goalies and thinking you were loaded-the rest of the managers were probably wondering how they let you get both of those guys! We play in a 12 team league and when you start getting 12 or more teams goalies become scarce in a hurry. We had 14 teams last year and were toying with putting a roster limit of 2 goalies per team. We didn’t, but you just prayed all year you didn’t have a goalie go down for long.

3. honestviking

honestviking New Member

Low and behold I go 0-1 PURELY because of the league settings and GK injuries. I got one keeper in to cover Quick but you are not allowed to add any after the monday timeline for players so I had to wait out until this Monday to even add anyone. In total I got two performances from Price and two from Mrazek over the week and a half the season started. My opponent had 3 from Bishop and 5 from Schneider and I lost by 15 points. Complete bull.

4. Oil_Fan

Oil_Fan Minor Leaguer

Is Talbot available? He's been doing well lately and will get a lot of starts in the next few weeks.

[edit] I just looked it up and he's in 80% of Yahoo leagues. Not likely he's available to you...

5. Coachcasa

Coachcasa Minor Leaguer

He was drafted. For now I picked up Mason and I’m hoping Rask gets healthy by the end of the week.

6. Mike

Mike LWL Founder Staff Member

The closest thing I've seen to a time line on Quick:

Source: Helene Elliott

7. honestviking

honestviking New Member

Yeah that's a definite worry. Comments like that start to gradually give the expectation that he's done for the season. Budaj is doing a good job for them and if Quick isn't back at least a good 2/3 weeks before the playoffs I don't think they'll throw him in.

8. Mike

Mike LWL Founder Staff Member

This was later amended to note that March is the upper-limit, while mid-February is the goal.

9. Coachcasa

Coachcasa Minor Leaguer

Budaj is playing decent for me, but I can’t say the same of the defense in front of him!

10. Oil_Fan

Oil_Fan Minor Leaguer

I'm actually considering dropping him. In my non keeper league, I'm getting hammered with injuries and only have 1 IR slot. I also now have Marian Hossa, Mark Streit and Andrei Markov. Also add that Taylor Hall is now listed as day to day.... :eek:

skatenlayton likes this.
  11. mbr311

mbr311 3rd Liner

If it makes you feel better I've got Letang, Zib and Barkov out. That's some stacked skaters down and out for me!

skatenlayton likes this.
  12. mbr311

mbr311 3rd Liner

On top of those 3 on IR, now Backes, Neal and Gudas are DTD. This really sucks I only have 2 IR spots so I just dropped Mika...hopefully I can pick him back up when he's ready but my guess is one of my opponents with a free IR spot will scoop him up for his points and FOW :(

13. Horace

Horace 4th Liner

Non-keeper with only 1IR he should have been dropped months ago. It sucks but that's just the way it is. You win with stats, not with a name that's just hogging a roster spot

shadenem3 likes this.
  14. Concussed

Concussed New Member

Any updates on Quick?
    He's still warming my IR.....